‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
简介Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Award ...
Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Awards.
Hosted by actor Cha In-pyo and comedian Jang Do-yeon, the award ceremony, also known as the Grand Bell Awards, was held at Gyeonggi Arts Center in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province, on a smaller scale than in previous years.
“Concrete Utopia” won the most coveted best picture award and five other awards, with Lee Byung-hun snatching the best actor award for his role in it. Actor Lee Sun-young won the best supporting actress award. "Concrete Utopia" is Korea's entry for next year's Oscars.
The best actress award went to Kim Seo-hyung of “Greenhouse,” which tells the story of a nurse and caregiver, Moon-jung, who lives in a greenhouse. It delves into the character's downfall as she tries to cover up the accidental death of an old couple in her care.
It was Kim’s fifth win at the Daejong Film Awards.
The best director award went to director Ryoo Seung-wan of “Smugglers,” which attracted 5.1 million moviegoers this summer, surpassing its breakeven point at 4 million admissions.
As of the end of September, the number of short-term and long-term foreign residents in Korea was 2. ...
SM Entertainment has joined hands with the British entertainment company M&B to launch a boy group i ...
South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol called Wednesday for enhancing the connectivity of the world ec ...
- Violinist Yoo Da
- Suneung difficulty rekindles 'killer question' controversy
- Nightmare before Christmas: 'rape announcement' issued at Seoul billboard
- Netflix’s ‘Single’s Inferno’ to return with season 3 in December
- New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
- Han Kang says her historical novels were a literary resistance against violence
Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
'Fuerza Bruta Wayra' returns to Seoul
Experts to discuss globalized risks at World Health City Forum
Network error grinds government network to halt, restoration still in progress
Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
- S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- Prosecutors seek 30
- BTS’ V, actor Yoo Seung
- [From the Scene] Hyundai Motor looks into future of auto production in Singapore
- [Our Museums] Exploring quirky yet thoughtful world of Mr. Toilet House
- Jungkook holds live stage event for fans
- 'Dancing woman' on Seoul street arrested for meth use
- Yoon heads to UK for state visit, eyes deeper security relations
- King Charles welcomes South Korea's president with state banquet, mingles with K
- S. Korean literary giant Jo Jung
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- Defense chief, US envoy discuss joint efforts to deter N. Korean threats
- Woori Bank accelerates overseas expansion
- LG Energy Solution Q3 net soars on US demand
- 한·사우디 43년 만의 공동성명 “방산·네옴시티 협력 강화”
- [Herald Review] Based on true story, 3 boys find justice 16 years delayed in 'The Boys'
- Celltrion chief calls merger crucial to beat bigger rivals
- Seoul shares dip amid grim outlook for EV sector
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- Eximbank holds workshop on development financing
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- [사진] 빈 살만 운전 자청, 윤 대통령 동행
- 4 North Koreans cross East Sea maritime border in first since 2019
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- 정청래, 가결파 징계에 "신상필벌은 당연…잠시 미뤄둔 것"
- Man fined for assaulting soldiers who refused to praise Kim Jong
- The Boyz to return next month with new album
- 22 busking stages set up at Han River parks
- Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US
- [Herald Interview] Kim Gi